Crash-Tested - Interlocking - Multi-Purpose
100% Recyclable - Made in the USA
The impact of construction zone collisions reaches beyond material loss. Accidents in work zones are often fatal and this reality was the driving force in developing the Traffic Barricade. We designed this product to help mitigate the risk drivers and work crews face each day. This 42-inch Jersey Shape LCD is the second iteration of our JSS LCD product and boasts enhanced features to make the barricade more versatile while continuing to meet stringent safety standards.
This traffic control device is approved by the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) 350 standard for a Longitudinal Channelizing Device (LCD) at Test Level 3 (TL-3) criteria for use in high-speed construction zones. An optional fence kit provides a pedestrian deterrent, offers protection from projectile debris, and can support privacy screening.
Concrete barriers, while popular, are often not required and can contribute to fatal accidents by redirecting vehicles back into active traffic. Traffic cones and drums are also popular, but often create confusion for drivers at normal traffic speeds. Traffic engineers and human factors professionals from Texas A&M concluded that gaps between drums or cones cause significant delays in driver response time1. The Traffic Barricade forms a clear line of delineation and is treated like a wall by drivers.
Features and Benefits
- NCHRP-350 crash tested and accepted at TL3 standards
- Compatible with standard amber highway barricade light
- Interlocking “J-Hook” design requires no additional hardware or parts
- Barricade allows for water ballast expansion in freezing conditions
- One-year manufacturing defect warranty
- Meets MUTCD Specification 6F.66 for LCD
- Meets NCHRP-350 TL3 requirements for LCD
- Chain link style fence panel
- Factory-installed reflective sheeting
Note: Be sure to evaluate job requirements to determine what type of LCD is required. The MB42x72 JSS LCD federal approval memo is on file and available upon request.
- Safety Orange
- Custom colors available (minimum quantity required)
- UV-resistant High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Blow molded
- Height: 42 in / 106.6 cm
- Length: 72 in / 182.8 cm
- Width: 24 in / 60.96 cm
- Empty: 75 lb / 34.01 kg
- Full weights below:
- Deployed as LCD: 170 lb / 77.1 kg*
- Max Ballast ≈1330 lb / 603.3 kg^
* May not exceed 10.8 gallons / 41L of water, weight calculation based on standard US gallons of water
^ Max water ballast is 150 gallons / 567.8L, weight calculation based on standard US gallons of water
Wellavita, Inc - a Certified Women-Owned Small Business
Wellavita Inc is a distributor for major US brands of crowd control stanchions, public guidance barriers, and other products for managing waiting lines. Manufacturer of one-of-the-kind custom made velvet ropes and barricades.
Address: 329 W 18th St. Suite 705, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
Phone / Fax: (800) 930 0901
- SAM.gov Unique Entity ID (UEI): DDKNFHXCMZC4
- D-U-N-S number is: 080348446
- CAGE Code for Wellavita is 7PX85
To get a quote please contact us or fill the contact form below.